Saturday, January 1

59 - ... and it all turns to dust.

Do you remember how great everything used to be when you were a kid? At some point we stop being kids, we have to leave the people we've been used to seeing every day for the last 10 years, we start going to different schools, meet new people and make new friends. To me it seems like the only ones you'll keep is the ones from your childhood, the ones you've known since you were born. Ofc we promise that nothing's going to change, and that we'll be able to maintain our friendship. I'm not saying it's a lie, 'cause it's not. It's just out of our hands, we're apart, we talk less, get less in common, and then within a few months (maybe even weeks) that friendship is more or less gone - and you're stupid if you think it's as easy as meeting up and pretending like nothing's ever changed.

I often find myself sneaking around on facebook, looking at people I used to consider as my best friends. I can't help going into some sort of emo-trance whenever that happens. I miss most of the people I used to go to school with, the ones I was forced to see every day for 3 years. It was the worst 3 years of my life, the 3 years that changed everything. We all went from being small kids, to being somewhat more adult. Your mind change, your body change, everything changes those 3 years. So I find myself asking: If those people that were everything to you when you went through the biggest changes in your life, how come everything you had just faded away, and now is not even in the back of anyone's mind anymore? We're we just fellow late bloomers? Did we blossom apart?

There's this one girl I remember I used to spend a lot of time with. We did everything together. I haven't spoken a word to her in something like 3 years now. We've said happy birthday on facebook and that's about it. I miss her.

I miss all of you guys. We shared so much, for good and for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment